Wednesday 23 March 2011

Higurashi no naku koro ni

Well.... this is definitely something Different. I was wondering what the hell was going on for an awful lot of this series, but in a strangely good way. Like, ok they are all best friends SO WHY IS SHE GOING TO KILL HIM? I did however make the mistake of watching the whole series through the night (i didn’t mean to but it was addictive) and then i had to sleep with the hall light on. I didn’t realise a little girl with a hatchet could freak my out as much as it did o.o
i think my favourite character was Shion, as she was the only one i felt some real sadness for when she accidently died in one arch.

The first 30 seconds of each ‘arch’ got me totally hooked on this version of events and, although i feel like a total weirdo for saying this, i think Shion’s story was my favourite. There were some scenes which were so graphic i felt a little sick (FINGERNAILS) but other than that i was able to sit pretty comfortably watching these girls hack each other to pieces. Now there’s a sentence i never thought i’d say.
My one problem, that in order to understand the show, i would have to watch series 2 and it’s not on my list D’’: 9 out of 10
See you soon xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment